Martial arts is a great way for kids to stay active, but the benefits go beyond just on a physical level. Our kids jiu jitsu program is a positive influence on and off the mat. Here are our top 5 reasons to start your child at Lake County.(yes only 5 we can go on and on but we only have so much space on the page..LOL)
- Your child will be active/fit: With children finding more entertainment in videogames than physical activity, they are more sedentary now than ever before. There are other alternatives beyond traditional sports activities. Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu is a great outlet for kids to remain active and can be a child’s sole sport or can also be used in conjunction with traditional sport activities. The best part, jiu-jitsu is all year round!
- Improved Social Skills: Our kids’ program has kids from all around the area which means your child will interact with kids they might not normally encounter. Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu is not a one person sport having a training partner is essential for improvement. Being paired up opens up the kids to interact with each other in a positive way.
- Written Curriculum: Believe or not some schools do not have a written curriculum for their kids program. YIKES! Our goal orientated curriculum has been proven to help children reach those goals. The structure of curriculum ensures children are able to absorb the techniques. What separates us is we have a specialized program for our 4-6 year olds and 7-12 year olds.
- Character Development Curriculum: Beyond teaching kids self-defense, one of the cornerstones of our children’s program is an emphasis on character development. We have mat chats throughout the week covering a variety of topics. For example; how to deal with a bully, rules of engagement with a bully importance of nutrition, develop listening skills etc. We want to make sure that we are building the best students on and off the mat.
- Unshakeable confidence: Everything mentioned above leads to improved self-esteem and confidence for kids. Improved social-skills give the children confidence to be able to go into any situation and be able to make new friends. The self-defense techniques and strong character development give children the ability to diffuse a possible confrontation with a bully. All these things add up to your children being BULLYPROOF. Having a bullyproof child goes beyond just showing the kids a series of techniques, but it also gives them confidence in all aspects of their lives.
We ensure your child is welcomed with open arms on their first day. As our instructors take time to go around and introduce them to other children in the class on their first day. We also ask the parents to be involved as much as they can. Getting them to class on time, making sure they are at class on time, and being their biggest fan.
For more information about our children’s jiu jitsu program, please call us at (847)495-2557 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Remember our intro program, 6 week + FREE uniform for $69